Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

My dad.

Wish I could write more about him like
mrbrown. All I can remember of him was sitting in his car. Well, it was more like standing on the front passenger seat, me being quite young then. Someone, his friend I think, reached in to pat my head.

That's all the memories I have of him before bad things happened to my family.

The next memory I have was standing over his grave in Choa Chu Kang, in 1995, 2 years after his passing. I didn't know that he died until 2 years later.

Wish I had the chance to celebrate Father's Day with him.

Whatever happened, I hope he knows I've not screwed up badly in life and I don't blame him for anything that happened in the past.

Happy Father's Day, dad...

Tham Chong Fai (1927 - 1993)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg la..

hope i'm in time though.

u noe ar, tt time i dreamt tt mine was dead n i was onli in time to handle the funeral.. i woke up very very lost.

i walk pass him quite a few times cos i didnt noe wad to do.

i've onli heard of negativ stuff bout him these few yrs, i onli heard tt he hadnt had much improvement, n dun seem aniwhere near his promise to me..

so i selfishly protect myself, i dun wanna go close to him n get disappointed again.

till tt dae me angie n gerri at plaza singapura eating cake, n gerri starts joking bout his encounters on his way to good-boy-hood, den i noe.

its damn ouch one la.. walk pass him lor, like stranger lor..

so .. ya, u'r rite, yellow ribbon is bullshit. anyway, i went to their website, had not been maintained for like since dinosaurs went to hav tea with God. in fact, dun look like completed lor. so i approach my tcher, who counsels convicts n ex convicts, i ask him if he noes wad companies involve in tt damn yellow ribbon proj. den he sae dunno leh. =.=? budden if i go to SCORE website probly i can find something. if still got prob, den go find him. tink he's ur church de. he sae there they got many ex offenders, n due to the power of religion n companions, they chg for the betta ^^.

guess wad happen to tt lil bible gerri dump to dad? suppose had been made into little fans to cool himself in jail ba.

heard its damn hot in the room. window the size of a tile? hmmm...

does he ever mentions bout me all these yrs?