Saturday, March 26, 2005

of babies, parties & life...

This is Baby at 3 weeks old...



...and this is Jamie (right) and friend at many weeks older...



We had a party yesterday and there were more kids than monkeys adults. Too bad I didn't manage to get a snapshot of the whole bunch except for the gang here with some feeding material...


Left (Clockwise from left):CK, CQ, M & J in motion. Right: N guarding the feeding ground.

It was fun watching the whole range of personality traits displayed by the little ones. They're reflections of their parents'. I wonder how mine will turn out. You know, it felt funny when CK asked me what my fears were (about bringing up baby) and I replied it was over education. He probably took it to mean the financial cost of it all but I was thinking along the lines of how inadequate the state-of-affair is in local public schools (bug me over this, I have lots to say about MOE).

Having Baby around is the biggest unknown I'm going to face (and probably the longest at 18+ years duration), anyway, to be really honest, for the first time, I'm probably NOT afraid of an unknown. Maybe it's because the knowledge that everything is in God's hands, especially bringing up Baby. Perhaps this is the humbling experience that I've been searching all my life. For many years now I've had an inkling that nothing else is worth searching for except Humility. Perhaps being humble is the key to the real things in life. Reminds me of The Little Prince, "...It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye..." How right you are, little Fox... This is going to be out of my (and G's) hands.

Just found out that S blogs, too. Visit
her site for more pictures of cute little Jamie who, I think, is growing up to be a person with really deep thoughts...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm really moved by your honest and very personal emotions expressed about your wife and your baby. I wish the best for all 3 of you.