Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting educated

There are times I question the value of formal education in the current school system. Does it prepare students for life? I doubt so.

How do we go about living our lives? Being able to cook a decent meal is more relevant than knowing the Sine Theorem. The ability to manage one's finances is a skill that is more applicable to everyday life than knowing that E. coli preferentially grows on LB agar. What about bringing up a baby/child? Surely that's more important than knowing the half-life of carbon-14.


www.career-resources.com


Very sian. I've been on MC for the past week and wondering how nice it would be to have flexible working hours. What job options do I have? Nobody taught me how to choose a career. And this is an important skill...

I need a career counsellor! Where do I get a $48k-a-year job with flexi hours?!?

__________

No comments: