Friday, February 06, 2015

Deathless and hopeful

John recorded the conversation between Jesus and Martha when Lazarus, the brother of Martha, died. Jesus said to Martha, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. He who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe me?”

A sister-in-Christ passed away last night during an operation for a medical condition. She has gone home to the Lord. Followers of Jesus who remain here have a hope that we will all be re-united in the presence of God. We will see one another in eternity. This gives me comfort, for I have never seen or known my earthly father. All I have here is a verse from John on his tombstone. I have a hope that I will meet my father in heaven, just as I will meet that sister-in-Christ who died last night.

My brothers and sisters, can we even imagine it? Everyone whom we’ve known as fellow disciples of Christ, we will see every one of them.

Peace.

No comments: