Monday, August 04, 2008

Good morning yesterday

So Paul Anka is visiting Singapore for a concert.
This song is one of my favourites.



By the way, there's a blog by someone from my mum's generation and it's right at the top of Google search for "good morning yesterday". It's a pretty interesting blog for anyone who enjoys reading about the older, better days of life in Singapore. No really, I did enjoy the 1970s and early 80s, when beaches were less artificial and you didn't have to smell the sun cream on the guy next to you.

I had an epiphany while reminiscing about yester-years. Now I'm beginning to understand why people resist change and why it's so difficult to abandon mindsets and overturn established authority (think the authority of an eternal yesterday as defined by Max Weber).

We hanker for a form of continuity as a sense of security. For mortals, it is a connection to immortality. That is the reason why it's so tough trying to educate people.

For now, I'll stick to having the same lunch everyday...

No comments: