Tuesday, December 20, 2011

One-year hiatus

Shanghai, clear skies, 3 to 11 degrees Celsius.

Looking at my long-ago posts I'm quite taken by how much things have changed. I wonder if it's still worth keeping up this blog. Everyone seems to have moved on to Facebook and/or Twitter. Perhaps only Wifey and a former student of mine who's in Boston now still drop by occasionally.

I'll keep this blog perhaps as something to leave to my children.

Went out to the cold tonight to look at the stars. They remind me that there are bigger things in life than work and petty affairs of those around me. They speak to me of the frailty of Man in comparison to everything that's out there. They have been shining since before I was born and they will continue to shine after I turn to dust if the Second Coming doesn't happen soon.

Mostly the stars tell me to treasure the moments I have with my family. I miss them (family, not the stars) badly for the past two months since Wifey went back to Singapore to prepare the arrival of our 4th.

My family, my only treasure here.

No comments: