Monday, August 03, 2015

Reflections on the Proverbs - Day 3

"Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding...
When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.”
I made a wish in my younger days, that I will always get a good night's sleep. Looking back, I remember how terrible the feeling of insomnia was. For more than a year, I was watching infomercials at 3 am, and wondering how I was to make it though the next working day without dozing off.
Brethren, if you are battling insomnia, believe me when I tell you I know exactly how you feel. Whatever the underlying reason for your sleeplessness, please don't suffer in isolation. For that is what spiritual evil would have us feel - that our personal problems are unique, that no one understands us, that no one can help us. But the Lord Jesus knows, for He was crucified to set us free. This wisdom and understanding from God is found in what Jesus did on the cross, and is now freely available to us through the Holy Spirit. Get wisdom, get rest. Go to Jesus, and He will give you that sweet sleep.

No comments: