Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fatigue

Where there is no vision, the people perish
-The Bible

I am very tired. I don't remember being this tired when Faith was born 2 years ago. In fact, I was working with frenzied energy completing the grad thesis, moving into a new place and starting a job when Faith came. There are less things to tend to this time round. This tiredness is quite mysterious. Maybe it was the 30-hour labour that Wifey went through before Joy was born. That experience was emotionally draining. Maybe the magic of being a parent is wearing off. Maybe it's the experience of seeing how the education system crushes the youth in school. Maybe it's the credit card debt. Maybe it's the thought that my two children may be stuck in this lousy place if our emigration plan does not succeed.

I need to do something different soon, like going off for a dig in Turkey or somewhere similar. One thing is for sure: I need something more than bread and butter stuff to keep me motivated.

No comments: