Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pimp my XP

With a two-week break for Lunar New Year and not much to do, I decided to see how far I can push my 5-year-old Lazarus before I replace it with a tablet this summer. Read somewhere on the web that you can mod your copy of Windows XP to the tablet edition without too much trouble.

So I decided to try and.....


Ha! If only Lazarus had touchscreen or Wacom compatibility!

Now I can run my nLite-d copy of Windows XP with tablet functionality instead of the resource-hogging Windows 7 on the new tablet. Which means I can get something with the power-saving but slower SU series of Core 2 Duo CPU instead of the T or P series and still run a fast OS.

Which means a savings of a few hundred bucks. The Fujitsu T5010, running a T series CPU, costs just over $3k while the T2020, running an SU series CPU, costs about $2.3k.

Sounds like a good deal...

No comments: