Friday, January 27, 2006

Lunar New Year


Photo from Google

Received an e-card from my brother today. It got me thinking about greeting cards and how they have changed from the physical to the virtual form. I remember granny asking me to send greeting cards to my dad when I was a kid. It was funny because I was sending a card to a stranger, my parents being estranged from each other and granny being my main caregiver. Looking back, I can only guess the reason why granny wanted me to do it. Nobody in the extended family ever once attempted to reconcile my parents. Only now, with my own daughter squirming in my arms, am I beginning to realize that children bear the consequences of their parents' or caregivers' actions.

Well, it's another Lunar year ahead. I look forward to the journey with Wifey and Faith. It will not be a cake walk but then, again, taking the right path was, is and will never be easy. God give us strength to tread where few have gone.

No comments: