Wednesday, April 05, 2006

of connections, phreaks & warchalking


Photo from Google


Update: Those reading this, please SMS your phone numbers to me. I've lost most of my contacts. Thanks!

So I'm online again after 2 weeks of silent bliss.

Here's an interesting article about cell phone radiation. It's amazing how much data there is out there on the Internet. Looks like no one with a connection can plead ignorance anymore.

On a related note, I was looking up Hollywood movies made during the 80s. This was the movie that, at the same time, scared the guts out and fascinated me. The idea that you could do mischief with a machine & phone line, how much our lives depend on it and how blind are we to its failings...well it was a mind-boggling thought. I remember making a remark to my cousin to the effect that, someday, we will all be attached to a computer and communicating across physical distances and carrying out daily activities over the phone line. Looking back, it makes me feel like a modern-day soothsayer...

No comments: