Saturday, January 16, 2010

If we knew better

Kids are a blessing to their parents in more ways than we can count.

Faith was whining for chocolates earlier today while I was frying some Indonesia fish keropok for her. I told her to be patient, to wait for something better but she kept crying for the chocolates.

Her tears turned to the widest smile ever when I finally handed her the keropok.

It's very similar to how we relate to God. Many times we think we know what's the best for us but God has something far better down the road. And we're too impatient to wait on Him. The amazing thing is, He still loves us through all our nonsense. Maybe it's because He sees us for who we are: weak, helpless and ignorant.

I'm amazed that I still love Faith for all the frustrating times. Maybe it's because I see her the way God sees me?

No comments: