Friday, January 01, 2010

The things I want for my kids in the 10s

Spent the day breathing in the air on the first day of the 10s.

Sounds strange. The 10s...

Faith is four. She will be 14 by the time 2020 rolls around. I wonder how the world will be like for her? I wonder how it will be like being a teenager in 2020? Wifey will begin "formal" home school with her from next week. We're talking about things like teaching her to sit down and pay attention. Being polite. Expressing her wishes through speech instead of snatching or raising her voice. Never mind the academics. I'm thinking, those are things we've been trying to model for her as parents. It always warms my heart to see her clasp her hands and hear her say "amen" at the end of a prayer.

It's going to be a radically different world, the 10s. But some things never change...

No comments: