Wednesday, April 13, 2005

the heart of MacRitchie (part 2)...

"...Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them...Therefore take no thought, saying What shall we eat?...for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things..."
- The Bible


Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus) flying over Upper Peirce Reservoir.
Photo by NM.

This is taking slightly longer than I thought but I've finally surveyed most places within the
Central Catchment Area. Seen & heard weird things but it was a fun experience, especially going in with friends, beats walking alone and silently all the time.


Something interesting caught the eye of CK.
Photo by NM.

You know, it's funny how little I talk to myself when I'm in the woods. I seem to have more thoughts in my head when commuting or out and about in town but everything in my mind seems to dissolve away into the stillness of the forest whenever I'm in there, even with friends tagging along. Maybe I've filled my head with too much inconsequential distractions. Somehow I think that living in this world of ours was (and still is) never meant to be a complicated affair. Why is it that I fill my head with so much worry? Isn't it nice to be quiet from my thoughts?


Some lady bird beetle.
Photo by NM.

"...And Jesus answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her..."
- The Bible

So much for my worries...


Malayan Colugo or Flying Lemur (Cynocephalus varigatus)
Photo by NM.

No comments: