Tuesday, September 13, 2005

the elements

"And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire"
- The Bible


Photo from Google image search


Went for a 6-mile jaunt around the neighbourhood last night. Started out nice and windy but ended with a mad run through the lightning storm, with winds lashing raindrops horizontally into my face. Witnessed some spectacular light show from the heavens. Rain, lightning and thunder look nice on the TV or from the comfort of shelter but being up close is another matter. As an indication of how close it was, lightning and thunder was instantaneous instead of having a pause in between. I could feel each reverberation deep within my body. I was, at last, at the mercy of God.

Like all soul-changing experiences, it is NOT recommended that you go seek it actively.

No comments: