Wednesday, September 14, 2005

'O' level certificate


Photo courtesy of Google image search


So I was down getting a replacement certificate for the one that I misplaced during the last spring cleaning. Pretty fast and efficient service, much like what the Prime Minister said he wanted during the recent rally speech.

Anyway the interesting part came when I was seated at the counter:

Service staff: Good afternoon, sir. How may I help you?

Me: Yes, good afternoon. I'd like to get a replacement for the 'O' level cert, which I lost.

Service staff: OK, could I have your IC please?

Hands over IC. Service staff does the Cold Storage scanning routine. *beep*

Service staff: It's the 'O' levels, right?

Me: Yes, 'O' levels

She proceeded to key a few more commands on the keyboard. *click clack*

Service staff: Please confirm your particulars on screen.

At this point, she swivels the LCD screen over for me to have a look.

Me: (mumbling)IC no. blah blah blah, name, blah blah, ok. OK! My particulars are correct!

Service staff: Sir, please check that your results are correct.

Me: You mean I can change it here?!

Service staff: Yes, I can amend it for you.

Me: ?!?!?!?!?

Looks like I should've just gotten F9 for everything, then change it over-the-counter to A1, or better still, A1*++

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAHHHhhhhhhhh!!!! got like tat one ar!!!!

misunderstood said...

sibei li hai! can change result! then i study so hard for what!

Shellen Chai said...

haiz.. shd hv done so when I got my replacement cert almost a decade ago... hahahaha.... no la im nt so fortunate as being asked to amend my results !