Friday, September 30, 2005

blogging about school experiences

Shameless terms to get hit by search engines: JC students, junior college girls, frustrated spinster, ugly teacher, school closes down blogs.

Now, on to the blog proper...

I'm so very late in this. And this is a result of not tuning in regularly to the local propaganda machine media.

So schools are clamping down on students who blog negative things about school.

Well, let me see. I had lots of negative experiences in school with teachers. But bear in mind that this happened in the 70s and 80s, way before we had stuff like human rights and it was the time when if you told your parents that the teachers disciplined you in school, you'd getting a further beating from mum or dad at home. So we did the next best thing instead of blogging, which was to carve hate graffiti on the back of toilet doors.

Here goes:

Primary school

1. Smacked on my head with an exercise book for not completing homework.
(My fault)

2. Made to pull my ears and do squats in front of the class with 4 other boys for making too much noise during lesson.
(My fault)

3. Slapped by a teacher for using vulgarities while arguing with another student.
(The other student's fault!!)

Secondary school

1. Shouted at by my history teacher for not completing homework.
(Seems like a trend here)

2. Shouted at and labelled "childish" by my form teacher when she accidently wrote "PUBIC SPEAKING" instead of "PUBLIC" on the chalkboard and I exclaimed loudly, "eh 'cher, sex education ah?!", to which the whole class turned hysterical.
(So totally her fault. How do you expect a bunch of boys in an all-boys school to react to a goof-up like that?)

3. Whole class made to stand in the parade square for 1 hour after some joker at the back of the class threw an eraser at another joker sitting at the front, but in the process completely missing the latter and hitting the teacher instead. And why was the culprit not punished but the whole class? We got integrity ok? A code of omerta was adhered to strictly.
(Nobody's fault. We have no comments on that. It never happened.)

4. Scolded by form teacher (again!) for not controlling a rowdy class, as class monitor, during lessons with another teacher, who was absolutely boring.
(The boring teacher's fault)

5. Scolded on the spot by the principal and labelled a "numbskull" when he stopped me for screaming and shouting along the corridor.
(My fault)

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I got involved in more scraps than that. You know it would be funny to meet up with all the teachers who scolded me. I wonder how we'd relate to each other now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss schooldays.. hehe there are difinitely nice and bad teachers out there..

It's just a learning experience thats all

Anonymous said...

so happy to see you yesterday. wana see geraldine too..!!! :)

anyway, juz wana say u r TAG! Read more in my journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/cutting__edge/. Have fun & take care k!