Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Father-son metro tour

So I went out for a short walk with John while Wifey was busy with errands. It was one of those lazy, humid days where I just want to cool down in a mall. BTW, Parkway Parade has the strongest air conditioning, with my kids having to wear double layers whenever we're there.




So this is "my" metro stop, named after the WW2 SAC of Southeast Asia, and last Viceroy of India, who was unfortunately assassinated by the IRA in the 70s. Anyway, John had a jolly good time pointing to and naming things at the top of his voice, much to the amusement of commuters.

I think the Circle Line has the most colorful station names of all. Harbour Front, Kent Ridge, Holland Village, Caldecott, Tai Seng, Dakota, and so on. Everyone with an interesting story behind it.

No comments: