Thursday, October 02, 2014

The difficulty of resting

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

These are the words of Jesus, Son of God. Who would've known that it's not easy to obey Him? I've lived a life full of agenda, schedule, time-tables, and expectations. It's not easy to give up all that, especially among a people who equate idle moments with inefficiency.

But am I made for work, or is work made for my benefit? Do I have my identity in doing instead of simply being a child of God? Does God love me because of what I can do? Or does His love remain steadfast through my entire life?

Fathers, do you love your children because of what they can do? Do you love them more for being able to recite multiplication tables? Do you love them less when they spill food on the floor for the n-th time?

...for He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Rest, my anxious heart, rest. God loves me simply because He is God.

...for God is love.

No comments: