Saturday, June 18, 2005

no synth?!



...was rummaging through some old music collection when I came across the first commercial album by Queen, which was released a few months after my birth. Goodness, time flies. Anyway, back to the topic. I noticed the small print (circled above) which read "...nobody played synthesizer."

Gosh, did that bring back memories. Even right up until the late-80s it was a sign of a band's weakness if they relied on the synth. It was considered a selling-out of sorts, heh. Much like how some folks used to rant about the "excessive" use of digital manipulation in photography. But I like my guitar-playing friend's take on technology's impact on art, "If it moves you it's art, if not, just be cool and be on your way."

I like this friend of mine. He reminds me of Samuel L. Jackson. Wherever you are now, JS, be cool!

No comments: